ATRO & Cherokee Ridge Stable Rules
CHEROKEE RIDGE HORSE FARM, LLC
200 Flying W Dr., Carencro, LA 70520
STABLE RULES FOR CHEROKEE AND ACADIANA THERAPEUTIC RIDING ORGANIZATION PROGRAM
*Especially adhere to while Therapeutic riding program is in session
- Barn Hours: 7:00 am to 8:00 pm daily, unless by prior arrangement
- No admittance, service, or participation without signed releases with Cherokee and ATRO. *All clients, students, volunteers, or visitiors must check in and out with the owner or appointed supervising professional (riding instructor). Visitation: Friends and/or relatives of clients or volunteers must have prior owner and instructor approval during the therapeutic riding sessions. All visiting children must be properly supervised and stay in designated areas at all times. (One adult/child under 12).
- Cement Drive to arena is for riders only. Others please use parking lot. No reckless driving or exceeding a 5 mph speed limit.
- Please remain in designated observation area at all times. (Check bulletin board). No Trespassing on off limit areas will be allowed. Includes indoor/outdoor arenas, round pen, walking wheel, pastures, home on property, ( including pool and lake cabin(s).
- No use of alcohol, drugs, or tobacco products will be allowed.
- No loud disruptive music, sounds, or behavior (i.e. squealing, running, etc.) will be allowed. Misuse ofproperty will not be tolerated.
- No riding or participation without safe proper attire (i.e. approved boots, breeches, ASTM-Certified SEI approved helmets and qualified supervision. (Shorts, tank tops, loose or baggy clothes, jewelry, heelless footwear, sunglasses or anything that may pose a safety problem will not be allowed. *Children under 16 must wear a helmet at all times unless otherwise directed by the instructor.
- No gum, candy, food, or drinks will be allowed; littering will not be tolerated.
- The ATRO Riding Instructor(s) is in charge when therapeutic riding sessions are being conducted and is responsible to see that all areas used are cleaned after use (indoor/outdoor) arenas) wash rack, walking wheel round pen, arena lights off, aisles, stalls, equipment saved and tack room locked.
- Indoor and outdoor arenas, round pen, and walking wheel may be closed during rental or therapeutic riding sessions. Check the Stable bulletin board.
- No riding inside barn aisles. Mount and dismount outside or once inside the arena.
- Cherokee Ridge/ ATRO reserve the right to change or modify its rules and will give notice of changes..
- All horses must have current vaccinations (as determined by stable) and a current Coggins test. Veterinarian and farrier care are the responsibility of the owners.
- No outside horses or animals without prior approval.
- All safety regulations and requirements must be observed at all times. (Do not feed the horses by hand. Do not pet the horses through the fence. Do not walk under the horses’ neck.)